This is Xamarin's bug tracking system. For product support, please use the support links listed in your Xamarin Account.
Bug 9137 - jit crash with xsp
: jit crash with xsp
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: Runtime
Classification: Mono
Component: JIT
: unspecified
: PC Linux
: --- normal
: ---
Assigned To: Bugzilla
:
:
:
:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-12-27 05:08 EST by olivier dufour
Modified: 2013-01-02 08:53 EST (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Tags:
Test Case URL:
External Submit: ---


Attachments

Description olivier dufour 2012-12-27 05:08:42 EST
Hi,

I am on ubuntu 12.12 with mono package and a mono parallele environment.
I have install serviceStack.Examples.

>uname -a 
Linux dufoli-1005PE 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:32:08 UTC 2012
i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

When Is use Xsp with old version it work but when I switch to mono parallele
env dated of 26 December :
Mono JIT compiler version 3.0.3 (master/717a34f mercredi 26 d├ęcembre 2012,
21:18:11 (UTC+0100))
Copyright (C) 2002-2012 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors.
www.mono-project.com
    TLS:           __thread
    SIGSEGV:       altstack
    Notifications: epoll
    Architecture:  x86
    Disabled:      none
    Misc:          softdebug 
    LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
    GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)
)

here is the crash:
xsp --port 8081
* Assertion at threads.c:767, condition `((char*)&internal->unused2 -
(char*)internal) == mono_defaults.internal_thread_class->fields
[mono_defaults.internal_thread_class->field.count - 1].offset' not met

Stacktrace:


Native stacktrace:

    /home/dufoli/opt/mono-2.10/bin/mono() [0x80eed33]
    [0xb779f40c]
    [0xb779f424]
    /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x4f) [0xb75ae1df]
    /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x175) [0xb75b1825]
    /home/dufoli/opt/mono-2.10/bin/mono() [0x8251011]
    /home/dufoli/opt/mono-2.10/bin/mono() [0x82510a3]
    /home/dufoli/opt/mono-2.10/bin/mono() [0x81bc401]
    /home/dufoli/opt/mono-2.10/bin/mono() [0x81daa58]
    /home/dufoli/opt/mono-2.10/bin/mono(mono_runtime_init+0x17a) [0x81d1f0a]
    /home/dufoli/opt/mono-2.10/bin/mono() [0x80641ff]
    /home/dufoli/opt/mono-2.10/bin/mono(mono_main+0x31f) [0x80c4dcf]
    /home/dufoli/opt/mono-2.10/bin/mono() [0x805c062]
    /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf3) [0xb75994d3]
    /home/dufoli/opt/mono-2.10/bin/mono() [0x805c215]

Debug info from gdb:

Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.  For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operation not permitted.
No threads.

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries 
used by your application.
=================================================================

Aborted (core dumped)



it seems linked to commit:
https://github.com/mono/mono/commit/d404e540f38bfca3de37db4f08fac2455a2e6daf
Comment 1 Zoltan Varga 2013-01-02 08:48:32 EST
This means that somehow your 3.0 mono is using a 2.10 mscorlib.dll, or vice
versa.
Comment 2 Zoltan Varga 2013-01-02 08:53:27 EST
The assertion is now fixed in master, a normal error message is now displayed
for these cases.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.