Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 60021 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
Created attachment 25169 [details]
When I use a NavigationPage as MainPage and try to push another page, then the page is not displayed. But if I know where navigation elements are, I can still tap them and the tap handler is executed.
The sample app displays only a ListView with 5 elements. On tapping of any of the elements, a new page is pushed. Every page displays a new Title. I do see the first page with the ListView when I start the app on the Mac, but when I tap any element, the next page is not shown. The Title is changed accordingly, but the content of the page is white. I can still tap somewhere on the next list elements and it proceeds to the next page. Through the changes of the Title I see that the navigation still does something, but the page remains empty. When I go back to the first page, then I do see that page again.
This works as expected on UWP and iOS. I also left the Android project in. It should work there too, but I didn't test it.
I used XF 184.108.40.2062.
The problem seems to be related to the Xamarin.Mac version.
When I filed this bug, I was using VS for Mac (Preview) 7.2 build 634 and Xamarin.Mac 220.127.116.11. Now I updated to VS 7.3 build 692 and Xamarin.Mac 18.104.22.168. I'm on the alpha channel.
In one of my apps it works now - without changing anything in the source/dependencies. But the attached repro app still doesn't work.