Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 21104 [details]
Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015
Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
Microsoft .NET Framework
Mono Debugging for Visual Studio Mono.Debugging.VisualStudio
Support for debugging Mono processes with Visual Studio.
Xamarin 188.8.131.525 (aece090)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.Android 184.108.40.206 (3a62f1e)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.iOS 10.6.0.9 (a05f40e)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.
CHanging resourcedictinary for App.Current.Resources styles should not override properties set on UI-elements (a labels textcolor i.e). If the Labels textcolor is set to Black in code, styles for a label with setters for TextColor should not override it.
The style-properties will override the properties set in code for the specific UI-element
-If you set your apps resourcedictionary after the initialisation of mainpage it works as it should, but will stop
working when you push a new page (this goes for every page instantiated after resources has been set)
-This is a regression, this bug came in 2.3.4 pre 3, it was working fine in pre 2
-I have only tested on android
-I think this PR is the cause to this bug (ontroduced in pre 3) https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/737
-If its unclear what i mean just try the repro-project, it will make sense
It looks like the behavior is showing in pre6 as well.
Please note that declaring ResourceDictionaries as Application content is wrong. Application expect a Page as Content. Everything else is ignored, even if the objects are created. This works right now because the assignment test is done after the object creation, BUT THAT IS NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK IN THE FUTURE.
What you want is probably creating ResourcesDictionaries as separate Xaml roots (in separate files) and use those.
The current solution i have today is actually what you describe. I just made the repo very simple. but the result is the same in both scenarios.
Should be fixed on 2.3.4-sr1 or 2.3.5-pre1
I just updated my project to the stable release of 2.3.4 and this still seems to be an issue.
Thats because the fix is not included in 2.3.4...
Oops miss read the comment above my last sorry.