Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19288 [details]
1. Launch Visual Studio RC 2017
2. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
3. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
4. Select "Blank App"
5. Press Ok button
6. Open Tools-->Options
7. "Options" window opens. Navigate to "Xamarin" and expand.
8. Select "Android Settings"
9. Launch Inspect tool
10. From the inspect Left Tree find "Options" dialog box
11. Expand the dialog box and select "Java Development Kit Location"(Refer to Screenshot OptionsDialog-Inspect1)
12. Observe "Next child" and "Previous" properties in inspect
13. Similarly observe all the elements in the inspect tree for options dialog box
1. Select "iOS" settings from left pane
2. Launch Inspect
3. Observe how the elements defined in inspect tree(Refer to Screenshot "iOS_Settings-Inspect)
Note: This issue is observed in overall xamarin Application.
Next Child for "Java Development Kit Location" is "change" text
Previous is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_92"
Next Child for "Java Development Kit Location" is " should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_92"
All elements should be defined in sequential order
Narrator screen reader CAPS+Left/Right arrow Navigation depends up on the how the elements defined(Hierarchy in inspect). If the elements are not in sequential order user Rely on screen will get incorrect results and creates ambiguity
Created attachment 19289 [details]
Created attachment 19290 [details]
Narrator buddy log
Commit: 86a0c010c77a54bb64b7b4183bf36eb6cc787b9b (xamarin/XamarinVS)
Xamarin version (master) is not available to verify the issue.
Created attachment 25204 [details]
Issue is partially fixed- Inspect and Narrator buddy Logs
Scenario 1 is fixed but scenario 2 is not fixed, hence reactivating the bug.
Observation in scenario 2:
1.The elements present in the window are not defined sequentially (For example: After "Keep API documentation on sync" checkbox, "Find Xamarin MAC Agent" button is defined in inspect tool)
2. Next child and Previous child are defined incorrectly for the elements. (For example: "Apple documentation" text is defined as Next child for "Keep API documentation on sync" checkbox)
Verified Windows Version:
Windows 10 Pro
OS Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.608)
Verified Visual Studio Build:
Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 d15rel
Version 15.5.0 Preview 1.0[27006.1.d15rel]
Xamarin Version: 22.214.171.1249(dbde9cdd3)
Note: Please find the attachment for more info.
[Attachment: Issue is partially fixed-Inspect and Narrator buddy Logs]
now being tracked here: https://devdiv.visualstudio.com/DevDiv/_workitems/edit/620488