Created attachment 19262 [details]
1. Launch Visual Studio RC 2017
2. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
3. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
4. Select "Blank App"
5. Press Ok button
6. Solution Window Appears at Right pane
7. Tab to the "Solution Explorer"
8. Tab to the iOS App Name(Of Ex: App2.iOS)
9. Press Shift+F10 .Select "Archives" option from context menu
10. "Archive Manger" opens
11. using tab navigate to "Search Edit box" and Search button in left pane
12. launch inspect .
13. Observe Name property for Search edit box and search button in inspect
Name property is empty for search edit box and search button
Name property should be defined for search edit box and search button
Screen reader reads only control type with out reading the name of the control. Loss of information to visually impaired user
Created attachment 19264 [details]
Narrator buddy log
Fixed in version 220.127.116.113 (master)
Commit: 1be1167fbd9c1c5606aee08e1445c00558ea5a3f (xamarin/XamarinVS)
Xamarin version 18.104.22.1683 (master) is not available to verify the issue.
Created attachment 25184 [details]
Issue is fixed-Inspect and Narrator buddy Logs
Verified the issue and the issue is fixed - Name property is appropriate for "Search" edit box and "Search" button, hence closing the bug.
Verified Windows Version:
Windows 10 Pro
OS Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.608)
Verified Visual Studio Build:
Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 d15rel
Version 15.5.0 Preview 1.0[27006.1.d15rel]
Xamarin Version: 22.214.171.1249(dbde9cdd3)
Note: Please find the attachment for more info.
[Attachment: Issue is fixed-Inspect and Narrator buddy Logs]