Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
These are a few enhancement requests for the new android archive manager and publishing workflow introduced in 4.2:
1. The Wizard Path is not clickable. Thus one has to use the "Back" button instead to move between steps. I believe it would be very beneficial for users to easily jump between labeled Wizard Steps.
2. It's not obvious to the user to double click the keystore for keystore details. I believe a enabled/disabled "Details" button would help the user discover this. Or a coach mark letting the user know they can do this:
3. The keystore path should be shown in the details dialog. The only indication of where the keystore is stored is an extra step in the "View in Explorer" button just see which keystore is being used.
Thus I believe this information should be in the Keystore details below the alias:
Fixed in version 126.96.36.199 (master)
Commit: feff65dfb4dd9e80cbf300b863e0829f8051dadb (xamarin/XamarinVS)
Fixed in version 188.8.131.52 (cycle8)
Commit: 7f2a56e66b4f7831a76ba7a383784b70a263690a (xamarin/XamarinVS)
Clarifying how we've implemented the fixes:
1. The user can now click on any of the nodes in the Wizard Path, and the wizard will be rewinded to that step.
2. As a coaching mark, we added a Tooltip to the list items, saying "Double-click for more info..."
3. When double-clicking on the Keystore, the detail now show as the first piece of info the path, like:
Keystore Path: "C:\Users\joe\AppData\Local\Xamarin\Mono for Android\Keystore\TestKey - 5\TestKey.keystore"
Alias name: TestKey
Creation date: Oct 11, 2016
Entry type: PrivateKeyEntry
Certificate chain length: 1
I have checked this issue with latest Master XVS 184.108.40.206 and cycle 8 XVS 220.127.116.11 and observed that all cases are working as expected as mentioned in comment 3.
Hence closing this issue.
Cycle 8: https://gist.github.com/sunil360/6b5c3e384633bb8f1d36c61b6e7f3a48