Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create an android proejct
2) Archive the project
3) Open the archive in Finder
Expected results: msym directory is present in the archive
Actual result: the msym directory is absent
About info and logs: https://gist.github.com/kdubau/baa153cf0e7e3d2dcb2c4eec20e1f5c2
due to https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=43551
Fixed in version 184.108.40.2064 (master)
Author: Greg Munn
Commit: 803add6532987c090a52f31ef375211888f304eb (xamarin/md-addins)
Included in Commit: aa067c47ab71e3c2c7af8a5263abb7d329523b09 (mono/monodevelop)
I have checked this with master XS 6.2(build 442) and observed that now this issue is not exits, we are getting msym directory in the archive. Here is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/387ZObVn
@firstname.lastname@example.org Could you please fix the merge in Cycle 8 lane, so that I can close this issue with C8 XS.
I have checked this issue and observed that now msym folder is appearing as "mSYM" as shown in screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/KXNLagGl
Using XS 220.127.116.115
Now please merge the fix in Cycle 8 lane.
Fixed in version 18.104.22.16819 (cycle8)
Author: Greg Munn
Commit: 54fd6f78c24d815e8ca07f482de5e24d7cbbd6df (xamarin/md-addins)
Included in Commit: fd2694296f1a1967ff85cc3fb4e58613de1dcc05 (mono/monodevelop)
I have checked this issue and observed that this issue has been fixed with latest build of cycle 8 XS i.e. 22.214.171.12425
Screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/n86q5j6M
Hence closing this issue.