Bug 43675 - New "run configurations" menu means we can't see which emulator is selected
Summary: New "run configurations" menu means we can't see which emulator is selected
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Shell (show other bugs)
Version: Trunk
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: --- critical
Target Milestone: (C8SR1)
Assignee: Marius Ungureanu
URL:
: 44390 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2016-08-23 17:09 UTC by Nate Cook
Modified: 2016-10-06 22:18 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments

Description Nate Cook 2016-08-23 17:09:21 UTC
# Steps to reproduce
Open a project with a project name that is 21 characters long, and a build configuration that is 14 characters long.

# Expected behavior
I can see the name of the emulator, or at least the first five or six characters of the selected emulator, in the dropdown at the top.

# Actual behavior
The new menu design, which now includes a dropdown for "Run Configuration", is so long that it doesn't leave any room for the emulator name. That means one has to click the name of the dropdown just to see which emulator they have selected, which is very annoying.
Comment 1 Marius Ungureanu 2016-09-19 11:33:00 UTC
A fix wlil be deployed soon. The problem is that there is not enough space to render all the items in the widget, due to NSToolbar's layout constraints.

Added an implementation which prefers the last selected item and renders it if there is enough space in the widget.
Comment 2 xamarin-release-manager 2016-09-19 13:57:16 UTC
Fixed in version 6.1.1.11 (cycle8-sr0)

Author: Marius Ungureanu
Commit: 7477079463be595d858d81f35be910074aadcc78 (mono/monodevelop)
Comment 3 xamarin-release-manager 2016-09-19 13:57:30 UTC
Fixed in version 6.1.2.6 (cycle8)

Author: Marius Ungureanu
Commit: 434b66350890c38a0df27eb261ff3f7fa754f768 (mono/monodevelop)
Comment 4 Mohit Kheterpal 2016-09-19 13:59:25 UTC
I have checked this issue and observed that this issue has been fixed as shown in screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/POBlVd1CqcH

Using non-release branch : i.e. XamarinStudio-6.1.1.9_94cb9501.dmg 

Hence closing this issue.

thanks
Comment 5 Mohit Kheterpal 2016-09-19 15:40:21 UTC
I have checked this issue with latest build of C8SR0 and observed that fix for this issue has been merged as shown in screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/rzeFQVmAN

Using XamarinStudio-6.1.1.12

Hence closing this issue by marking it as verified.

thanks
Comment 6 Marius Ungureanu 2016-09-23 00:04:13 UTC
*** Bug 44390 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 7 xamarin-release-manager 2016-10-06 22:18:33 UTC
Fixed in version 6.1.2.27 (cycle8)

Author: Marius Ungureanu
Commit: 7477079463be595d858d81f35be910074aadcc78 (mono/monodevelop)

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.