SIGSEGV cashes occurring throughout application specifically when loading checklists which contain a ScrollView of images and text. Scrolling through the images too fast will cause the crash (fast swipe up or down). Navigating between pages (check lists) within the application also causes the SIGSEGV crashes and it doesn’t seem to be memory issues since there are no “OutOfMemoryException” errors appearing or any other indication of memory leaks.
## Steps to reproduce
1. Open .sln file. Clean and Build solution.
2. Deploy app so that it copies over and installs on the device, then close app once it begins debugging.
3. Copy “Xamarin Bug.fillerbackup” file into the device or emulator (place in accessible storage, such as sdcard, the backup is used to restore application with sample data)
4. Navigate to .fillerbackup file using any File Explorer application then run it to begin restoring data. (ES file explorer .apk linked below if needed)
5. Begin navigating between various checklists to prompt the random SIGSEGV crash.
## Expected Results
Application continues to run smoothly without being interrupted by SIGSEGV crashes.
## Actual Results
Application will randomly crash with a SIGSEGV error at any point while navigating between pages, most of the time the app will crash when attempting to load the checklists. Using dumpsys meminfo shows that the views and activities are being disposed of and there are no out of memory exceptions being thrown.
## Version information
Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015
Version 14.0.25123.00 Update 2
Microsoft .NET Framework
Xamarin 18.104.22.168 (34a92cd)
Xamarin.Android 22.214.171.124 (7db2aac)
## Additional Information
After deploying the application from the provided project, run the fillerbackup file after moving it to the device storage (you can drag file and drop into the emulator to copy over): http://www.screencast.com/t/u7JW3Sx2C
If using and Android emulator with no file explorer app, you can use ES File explorer (drag and drop .apk to emulator to install) http://es-file-explorer.en.uptodown.com/android/download
As the crash may happen anytime (sometimes even at first start), we greatly doubt that it is about un-freed memory (memory leak).
Xamarin.Insights does not report these crashes, so we have no clue how many users are affected.
The problem seems to happen mainly on tablet device with a screen size greater than >= 8 inches. On our 5 inch phones we could not reproduce it.
If Navigating between pages back and forth enough, the application will almost always result in the crash. This is especially when activities with scrollViews and images are loaded.