Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Similar to Bug 37726
Possibly a duplicate of Bug #31422
On iOS devices, when an Entry's text is modified using any of the various typing aid systems (autocorrect, spellcheck, suggestions), the Entry.Text is not modified and still holds the previous value of the text.
- An entry has text entered via iOS' spellcheck or suggestions, replacing the user's text while typing
- The actual value in Entry.Text does not match the view, allowing users to submit unwanted or incorrect details in their entries
Issue is similar to Bug #37726
Also see bug #31422 and comment
- Affects iOS devices (tested using iOS 9.3);
- When an Entry's text is modified using any of the various typing aid systems (autocorrect, spellcheck, suggestions), the Entry.Text is not modified and still holds the previous value of the text.
- At the same time, bound model is updated correctly with 'replaced' value.
- Entry displays final, actual value that match the value in the model.
Also related to Bug #31422
Should be fixed in 2.3.4-pre1. Thank you!
I have verified the related bug #31422 provided in comment #1.
Hence marked this issue as Verified Fixed.