Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 40234 on
GitHub or Developer Community if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
Created attachment 15653 [details]
Corrupted string in XS
I can't come up with a reliable repro for this problem, but I've seen it a couple of times and seen reports from others that all look like the same issue.
I've seen the issue with the following FAKE script (and others), but this looks to be an issue in the runtime because I've seen screenshots of corrupted strings in Xamarin Studio too (see attachment)
// include Fake lib
let ok,output,errors = Fake.Git.CommandHelper.runGitCommand "." "--version"
output |> Seq.iter trace
Target "Marker" ( fun _ -> trace "Build Complete")
I ran this script twice. I saw the problem the first time, but not again. I ran the script in a loop for 5 minutes or so and didn't see it again. All reports that I've seen have been on OSX, but unsure if it's limited to that platform.
Created attachment 15654 [details]
FAKE screenshot in terminal
Created attachment 15655 [details]
Corruption in the terminal
Created attachment 15656 [details]
Created attachment 15657 [details]
FAKE script running inside the XS GUI
Can't be a terminal / encoding issue.