Bug 36422 - XamlC Fails When using X:Array in Xaml. Throws NullReferenceException (Forms V2.0.0.6487)
Summary: XamlC Fails When using X:Array in Xaml. Throws NullReferenceException (Forms ...
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Forms
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Forms (show other bugs)
Version: 2.0.0
Hardware: PC Windows
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Stephane Delcroix
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-12-01 14:43 UTC by FieldstrikeMobile
Modified: 2016-01-27 16:54 UTC (History)
7 users (show)

Tags: AC XamlC
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
Repo Case (323.03 KB, application/zip)
2015-12-01 14:43 UTC, FieldstrikeMobile
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED FIXED

Description FieldstrikeMobile 2015-12-01 14:43:24 UTC
Created attachment 14059 [details]
Repo Case

Run the attached sample on Android and see that an ObjectReferenceNotSet exception is thrown. With no information to diagnose the problem.

Turning XamlC off fixes the issue
Comment 1 Arpit Jha 2016-01-12 12:10:39 UTC
I have checked this issue with XF version:2.0.0.6487 with the help of attached test case and I am also getting NRE as mentioned in bug description.

Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/RHNR19BGxImH
Error: https://gist.github.com/Arpit360/6f96032253477d40cf58
Environment Info:Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013
Version 12.0.40629.00 Update 5
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.5.51641

Installed Version: Professional
Xamarin   4.0.1.69 (21aad62)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.Android   6.0.1.5 (50280e4)
Visual Studio plugin to enable development for Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.iOS   9.4.1.20 (122b860)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.
Comment 2 Rui Marinho 2016-01-20 12:26:29 UTC
Should be fixed in 2.1.0-pre1
Comment 3 Parmendra Kumar 2016-01-27 16:54:36 UTC
I have checked this issue with Xamarin.Forms 2.1.0.6503-pre2 and now its working fine,

Hence closing this issue.