Bug 36223 - Could not find file "/usr/bin/mono-sgen.config".
Summary: Could not find file "/usr/bin/mono-sgen.config".
Status: RESOLVED NORESPONSE
Alias: None
Product: Runtime
Classification: Mono
Component: Debugger (show other bugs)
Version: 4.2.0 (C6)
Hardware: PC Linux
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Zoltan Varga
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-11-24 16:25 UTC by Roman
Modified: 2017-10-11 19:07 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments

Description Roman 2015-11-24 16:25:16 UTC
After updating mono-runtime I get error in project which worked before without exception.
At first: In build process some 100 warnings appear.
At second: In debug my app have even not started. I saw exception Could not find file "/usr/bin/mono-sgen.config".
I open mc, really file "/usr/bin/mono-sgen.config" is missing!
Why?
How you frazzle out me by you bugs!! When will you begin testing your updating.
I have had mono version 3.2 and monodevelop version 5.9 and all worked excellent.
And now I have to remove all mono, remove your repository in order to install monodevelop 4 version. But I want monodevelop version 5.9! How can I install it again? Please help me!
Comment 1 Rodrigo Kumpera 2015-11-27 18:47:26 UTC
Hi Roman,

Can you provide us with more details on your setup? Maybe a test project that shows this behavior?
Comment 2 Roman 2015-11-28 04:23:09 UTC
I have project on monogame. Before updating of mono/monodevelop I had 40 warning in build proccess. After updating I got already 118 warning. Moreover I just run debug project and it does not start use to problem which is discribed in begin topic. What a details do you need more?
Comment 3 Rodrigo Kumpera 2015-11-28 11:11:25 UTC
WE need enough details on what you're doing so we can reproduce the behavior ourselves in order to understand what's going wrong for you.
Comment 4 Roman 2015-12-02 12:00:36 UTC
Nothing! I have just updated mono and monodevelop using update manager which time after time offers me to update some packages.
It is guilty this repository "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main"
Comment 5 Roman 2015-12-25 00:04:34 UTC
I know root of problem and you must know why this happens.
So, my application use database MySQL. Connection string is written in app.config.
But I don't understand and you have to understand why mono search connection string in not myApp.exe.config and search it in /usr/bin/mono-sgen.config!!!
I use such code:

using System.Configuration;
...

string connectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["InetConnection"].ConnectionString;
Comment 6 Rodrigo Kumpera 2017-10-11 17:15:52 UTC
We have not received the requested information. If you are still experiencing this issue please provide all the requested information and reopen the bug report.

Thank you!
Comment 7 Roman 2017-10-11 19:07:07 UTC
Rodrigo, you can close this report. After 5 version all works good

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.