Bug 354 - Need to support disabling the Git add-in
Summary: Need to support disabling the Git add-in
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Version Control (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Lluis Sanchez
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2011-08-20 21:32 UTC by Miguel de Icaza [MSFT]
Modified: 2012-04-16 09:38 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description Miguel de Icaza [MSFT] 2011-08-20 21:32:45 UTC
This is a fork from issue 353, where a user is unable to disable the Git addin.

Opening a new bug to track this:

Also per your recommendation I did try disabling Git in the Add-in manager and
it created a new problem. This time I get a different exception when I open the
a solution:

     InvalidOperationException "Disabled add-ins can't be loaded."

And the the Solution Explorer is empty so I cannot actually do anything with
the solution or projects.

The solution is a solution that contains a git checkout.
Comment 1 Alan McGovern 2012-04-16 09:38:10 UTC
This cannot be reproduced anymore so I believe it has been fixed. Please reopen if you can reproduce with a newer version of MonoDevelop