If there is a theme.xml file in the project and the user deletes it we don't clean/remove it from the obj directory. This causes a problem because the Android Designer parses files in the obj directory to determine which themes or other resources are available.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new simple Android app
2. Open Main.axml (to launch the designer)
3. In the toolbar, click on the paint brush
4. Select Material Palette
5. Select any color (500)
6. Click off of the dialog to go back to the designer
7. Click Save to Current Theme (or whatever the save button save at the time)
8. This should generate a theme.xml file
9. Check that the theme.xml file is in obj/Debug/res/values
10. Delete theme.xml file
11. theme.xml file is still in obj/Debug/res/values
Without testing I'm pretty sure this is also happening on mac and think this is what is causing this bug ->
Fixed in monodroid/master/de524175
I have checked this issue with the latest master build and latest C6 build Xamarin.VisualStudio_22.214.171.124_641cecb21ab26402057a4242a9f9c81b0f92e36d and
Now this issue is working fine.
Here is the screencast for master build: http://www.screencast.com/t/MKwdJUedT
Here is the screencast for C6 build: http://www.screencast.com/t/ItIhuH3QBLTK
Hence closing this issue.