Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
SignalR 2.x uses OWIN and requires the implementation of the method System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterModule(), which is already done in Mono 4.2.0.
However, there is another exception when I tried to run the SignalR 2.x Tutorial project with Mono 4.2.0. Details:
This is the SignalR 2.x tutorial project I used:
Could look into this one?
I just tried the new 4.2.1, the still got the same problem.
I'm experiencing the same issue. Anyone know whether this will be an easy fix or whether I should switch to an older version of SignalR?
I try to run the Microsoft simplest SignalR example. I have same issue too. Are there any hotfix ?
Sorry for the delay.
I looked at the tutorial and your mono420_signalR2 repo.
Are you building the solution on visual studio and running it on linux with mono?
All sorts of problems can occur when mono tries to run binaries compiled against .NET class libraries.
SignalR repo https://github.com/SignalR/SignalR seems to have a solution called Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Mono.sln that should build something suitable to ran with mono.
So I opened the solution that is in the tutorial in Xamarin Studio, built it and then ran xsp4 and I am getting the same error when I open it on the browser.
I will have to look further into it.
Below is a pull request that fixes the exception in Microsoft.Owin.
I tried to run SignalRChat with the fix, the exception no longer occur but the script in signalr/hub never finishes loading.
If the new issue is another bug on System.Web it will need to be pin pointed by someone with a deeper knowledge of SignalR.
Fixed in mono/master d56d04602506540487506d0ee9875a635090877c
Fixed in cycle 7 mono/mono-4.3.2-branch 98f0a7b39a8e7b74620bff1de2bf14ed42936810