Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Whoops, submitted before filling this out.
I'm having a difficult time reproducing this, but one wrench environment is consistently failing a NuGet restore with only the message "Data unprotection failed.". Is there a way for me to gather more information from command line when this failure occurs?
The same restoration is working when mono 4.0.0 is installed on this machine, but has started failing on mono 4.2.0-pre-branch runs.
mono-4.2.0-pre-branch / 9542068d4aa9
You should be able to get the full callstack by using the -verbosity argument:
mono NuGet.exe restore -verbosity detailed
This is fixed in master and mono-4.2.0-pre-branch:
@Prashant - Mono no longer installs a symlink into /usr/bin but puts one in /usr/local/bin. Unfortunately /usr/local/bin is not on the path for GUI applications so running nuget or mono from inside Xamarin Studio will not work currently. I believe there is a fix going into Xamarin Studio to handle this but for now you will have to specify the full path to nuget or mono or just open a terminal window and run the commands from there. In the terminal window /usr/local/bin should be on the path. It may be easier to run the commands from the terminal window since the Package Console Extension on the Mac does not show the output from the command being run.
I have checked this issue and now this issue is working fine. To verify this issue I followed the steps mentioned in comment 7. I Observed that I am successfully able to restore the packages (only available from Xamarin's Team City server) from the command line (after clear out the local nuget cache) using Stable Mono 220.127.116.11 and cycle 6 Mono 18.104.22.168.
Here is the screencast for the same:
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.10 (build 813)
Installation UUID: 561c7a69-0a91-4bae-ad7c-f0c79d594337
Mono 4.2.1 (explicit/d8b68fd)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 402010069
=== Xamarin.Profiler ===
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 22.214.171.124 (Trial Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/tajinder/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.3 (API level 10)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
5.0 (API level 21)
5.1 (API level 22)
6.0 (API level 23)
SDK Tools Version: 24.4
SDK Platform Tools Version: 23.0.1
SDK Build Tools Version: 23.0.1
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_67"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_67-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)
=== Xamarin Android Player ===
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 7.0 (8227)
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 126.96.36.199 (Starter Edition)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 188.8.131.52 (Trial Edition)
Build date: 2015-10-05 17:54:02-0400
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 510000813
Git revision: 388e41428fb8f2910833c87fec0e7edaccd4f436
Build date: 2015-10-05 12:26:38-04
Xamarin addins: f21b254b56b36e417daee6da8b0300076f286ef1
Build lane: monodevelop-lion-cycle6
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Darwin Tajinders-iMac.local 14.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0
Wed Jul 29 02:26:53 PDT 2015
My build server works great on the current stable 4.2 release, but if I switch to the current Alpha, 4.3 This error shows up for me during Nuget install.
Also, I am not using any nuget.config files or private nuget feeds
Bug #38712 is being used to track the problem in Mono 4.3.
I'm on XS alpha channel and have this issue too, just like Clancey.
This is broken in Mono 184.108.40.206 that was released to the alpha channel.
Indeed, it's still broken in Alpha (and Beta now). It's been known for roughly two months now and is being tracked in Bug #38712.