Created attachment 1224 [details]
Screenshot: wrong culture name
In Mono 2.10, System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture returns culture name "en-US" under German Windows.
Steps to reproduce:
* German Version of Microsoft Windows
* Mono 2.6 and Mono 2.10 installed
* run csharp in Mono Command Prompt (each version)
* execute following command: System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture;
* Mono 2.6 returns culture name "de-DE"
* Mono 2.10 returns culture name "en-US"
* Since it is a German version of Microsoft Windows, Mono 2.10.8 should return "de-DE" too
The issue was tested with Mono 2.6.7 and Mono 2.10.8. (see attachment)
This seems not to be an issue under Linux (tested with Mono 2.10.5 under Ubuntu Oneiric).
The problem is still present in Mono 2.11.3 Alpha
The problem is still present in Mono 3.0.1 Alpha!
Still seeing this in Mono 3.6