Bug 27828 - Create an enum for NSAppleEventDescriptor.ParamDescriptorForKeyword method
Summary: Create an enum for NSAppleEventDescriptor.ParamDescriptorForKeyword method
Status: CONFIRMED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin.Mac
Classification: Desktop
Component: Library (Xamarin.Mac.dll) (show other bugs)
Version: 1.12.0
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: master
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-03-10 11:15 UTC by Michael Teper
Modified: 2016-09-26 21:59 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments

Description Michael Teper 2015-03-10 11:15:38 UTC
See discussion here: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/9774/custom-url-schema-handling

Currently, supplying correct value to the method requires ugly bit twiddling.
Comment 1 Rajneesh Kumar 2015-03-11 14:47:17 UTC
I have checked this issue and I have gone through the discussion link provided in bug description. In discussion,I fount that C# analogue from MonoMac defined like:

"public virtual NSAppleEventDescription ParamDescriptorForKeyword(uint keyword);"
but I found this in assembly browser:
"public virtual NSAppleEventDescriptor ParamDescriptorForKeyword (uint keyword);"

I observed that I am getting "NSAppleEventDescriptor" in place of "NSAppleEventDescription". Please refer the screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/fbHBraCCG

Screencast(Image): http://www.screencast.com/t/YZPqKce9v

So please let me confirmed that is this the same behaviour you are experiencing at your end, if no then please let me know that what steps should I followed to reproduce this issue.  

Environment Info:

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.9 (build 171)
Installation UUID: 011d70a5-dede-428b-ab04-ef451c2e539d
Runtime:
	Mono 4.0.0 ((detached/1bd3b8a)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 400000051

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.2 (6776)
Build 6C131e

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.9.1.431 (Business Edition)
Hash: 3406d22
Branch: master
Build date: 2015-03-03 03:25:38-0500

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.20.0.37 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/MM/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.1    (API level 7)
		2.2    (API level 8)
		2.3    (API level 10)
		3.1    (API level 12)
		4.0    (API level 14)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin Android Player ===

Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 2.0.0.9 (Business Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 509000171
Git revision: a953c3342b9c8aab43bd5e67119d1a3439ddcc08
Build date: 2015-03-09 12:37:56-04
Xamarin addins: 76a6f0bdd3cecbf0960abefe1ce18661729ec693

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.9.5
Darwin MacMini.local 13.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0
    Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2422.115.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 2 Rajneesh Kumar 2015-03-11 14:50:12 UTC
Ide logs goes here: https://gist.github.com/Rajneesh360Logica/0bb6ed9157b444543ba2
Comment 3 Michael Teper 2015-03-11 17:13:17 UTC
Yes, you found the right thing. The point here is that it would be more developer friendly if Xamarin exposed a version of ParamDescriptorForKeyword method that took an enum rather than a uint parameter.
Comment 4 Rajneesh Kumar 2015-03-12 04:39:52 UTC
@ Michael, Thanks a lot for the confirmation of the issue. So as per comment 3 I confirmed this issue and changing its status NEEDINFO to CONFIRMED.

Thanks.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.