Bug 26993 - [Android] WebView does not load local html when in a ViewCell in a ListView
Summary: [Android] WebView does not load local html when in a ViewCell in a ListView
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Forms
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Forms (show other bugs)
Version: 1.3.4
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Rui Marinho
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-02-12 11:00 UTC by John Miller [MSFT]
Modified: 2015-10-12 08:09 UTC (History)
7 users (show)

Tags: android listview viewcell webview AC
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED FIXED

Description John Miller [MSFT] 2015-02-12 11:00:18 UTC
**Overview:**

   Since updating to 1.3.X from 1.2.3, a WebView in a cell does not load the local HTML content after scrolling on Android. 
   Screencast: http://screencast.com/t/dMsT5bpW

**Steps to Reproduce:**

   1. Run the attached sample on an Android emulator. 
   2. Scroll down and then back up.

**Actual Results:**

   The WebViews in the cells will display "Page cannot be loaded"

**Expected Results:**

   The content for the HTML of the WebView should be loaded.

**Build Date & Platform:**

   XF 1.3.3
   XF 1.3.4-pre3
   XA 4.20

**Additional Information:**

   User noticed this issue on Android after updating from 1.2.3
   Seems to work OK on iOS and produces the Expected Results
Comment 2 Udham Singh 2015-02-12 13:32:57 UTC
I have checked this issue with the help of steps given in bug and able to reproduce this issue. Please refer the screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/bLCzA5Dpt8rX

Ide Log : https://gist.github.com/Udham1/1eb8234362532f52eac6
Application Output : https://gist.github.com/Udham1/3a3519660523e2902686
Adb Logcat : https://gist.github.com/Udham1/ca04a1545b4728d8110c
Build Output log : https://gist.github.com/Udham1/884c5fa9ccc040632979
Android Tools Log : https://gist.github.com/Udham1/e79500790afb191eebb8

Environment Info : 

Xamarin.Forms : 1.3.4.6329-pre3

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.7.1 (build 17)
Installation UUID: ce927b2a-2c07-44c5-b186-09cfdafba6dc
Runtime:
	Mono 3.12.0 ((detached/a813491)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 312000068

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.1.1 (6611)
Build 6A2008a

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.6.2.8 (Business Edition)
Hash: 09ae75f
Branch: 
Build date: 2015-02-11 22:34:42-0500

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.20.0.28 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/xamarin76/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		1.6    (API level 4)
		2.1    (API level 7)
		2.2    (API level 8)
		2.3    (API level 10)
		3.1    (API level 12)
		4.0    (API level 14)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 1.12.0.4 (Business Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 507010017
Git revision: 0bc7d3550b6b088ac25b08dcf7bbe73bcc8658b3
Build date: 2015-02-03 19:43:29-05
Xamarin addins: f7b7d34419c9ec24501bfa7c658e80a6305613e0

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.9.5
Darwin Xamarin76s-Mac-mini.local 13.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0
    Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2422.115.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 3 Rui Marinho 2015-09-07 13:09:17 UTC
Should be fixed in 1.5.1-pre1
Comment 4 Parmendra Kumar 2015-10-12 08:09:52 UTC
I have checked this issue with Xamarin.Forms 1.5.1-pre1 and its working fine.


Hence closing this issue.