Created attachment 8199 [details]
Full text of the Application Output window when encountering this assertion message
I'm using Mono 3.2.8 under Lubuntu 14.04 on a two-core PC.
I'm running the Jace.Benchmark project from the Jace.NET library's latest dev-branch commit:
The following Mono assertion message is always emitted just after the parallel threads are spun up in the "Compiled Mode" sub-section of the "Random Generated Functions" section of the benchmark:
* Assertion at mini-codegen.c:2307, condition `sp < 8' not met
The full text of the Application Output window when running this under MonoDevelop is attached.
1. Download the above-linked commit.
2. Open the solution in MonoDevelop.
3. Set Jace.Benchmark as the startup project.
4. Build and debug the solution.
5. Wait for the benchmark to run through some preliminaries (about a minute), then observe the assertion message and low-level stacktrace output in the Application Output window.
(Though the repro steps are simple enough, apologies in advance for not smallening this further. I'm not a contributor to Jace.NET and didn't have the time (at the moment) to investigate more closely. I'll follow-up when I can, but figured filing this now would be better than never filing it at all.)
I should add that no similar problem occurs using the .NET Framework 4.5.1 (at least under my observation and limited testing).
Fixed in mono master a32e2c7fe6ffabcb6b06e4ab28e3ea1a58f9c6a3.
Reopen, the fix had to be reverted.