Bugzilla – Bug 200
Default "splash" image isn't copied to application directory
Last modified: 2011-08-19 15:38:54 EDT
Default.png file isn't being copied into the output application directory any
more, thus there is no more splash image.
To get around this, one has to manually create custom Post Build commands to
just get it working on the Simulators, but Device builds are too complicated
for this to be done easily.
This is a bug in MD 2.6 b3, you can work around it by using MD stable (2.4.x)
or MD 2.6 b2. It's fixed in the upcoming 2.6 b4.
Does this bug affect ALL images in the root directory?
All Content files, yes.
The problem is not fixed in 2.6 R1
Several people are having similar issues with R1, see:
I agree. I tried with MD 2.6 RC1 and MT 184.108.40.206 and am still having the
problem. By the way, I did not have the problem with MD 2.6 b3 and MT 4.0.3. I
didn't see the problem until I upgraded MT to 220.127.116.11.
Now that you mention it, the problem came the day I installed 18.104.22.168 MonoTouch
I'm running MonoTouch 4.0.5 and still getting this problem. It's a complete
showstopper for shipping an app, sadly :(
The bug is with the beta MonoDevelop release. If you use the stable (2.4.x) it
works just fine and Michael posted that its fixed, but for the upcoming beta 4
The bug is also in RC1.
A "Release Candidate" is not a beta; it's a candidate for a stable release.
This release candidate has a show-stopping bug in it that prevents developers
from shipping apps, therefore it should no longer be considered as a candidate
I'm running MonoDevelop 2.6 RC1 with MonoTouch 4.0.5 (and 4.1, and 22.214.171.124) and
this behaviour is the same as in MonoDevelop 2.6b3. I can build exactly the
same codebase with MonoDevelop 2.6b2 and it works perfectly happily.
Has there been a code change between the shipping of RC1 and now to address
this issue? Please don't mark this case as resolved unless you've verified the
I can confirm on a MacBook Pro, MonoTouch 4.0.5, Mono 2.10.4 and MonoDevelop
2.6 RC1 that the same problem exists.
We're dead in the water.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 309 ***
Ok guys, I guess i found a workaround, please give this a try
Im running MD 2.6RC1, in order to your content files are being included in the
final bundle, delete them from your project, then save your project close MD,
then reopen MD and add again your content files to your project, don't forget
to mark them as content ;)
this worked for me.
Michael backported the fix, the next update will have it.
Assigning to Alex, so he can close it when 2.6 RC2 goes out.