Bug 18266 - WCF proxy inheritance bug
Summary: WCF proxy inheritance bug
Status: CONFIRMED
Alias: None
Product: Android
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Mono runtime / AOT Compiler (show other bugs)
Version: 4.12.0
Hardware: PC Windows
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jonathan Pryor
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-03-09 01:19 UTC by Craig
Modified: 2014-03-11 14:45 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments

Description Craig 2014-03-09 01:19:40 UTC
Null values are returned in sub-classed objects when using a WCF generated proxy with request/response values that uses inheritance.

For more info, see http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/14457/need-help-with-issue-regarding-web-services-potential-bug#latest
Comment 1 Udham Singh 2014-03-10 06:57:21 UTC
I have checked the issue and able to reproduce it.
To reproduce this issue I have implemented the code 
provided into bug description.

Screencast: http://screencast.com/t/kO8reDQE

Environment Info: 

Windows 8.1
VS 2013
Xamarin.Android 4.12.0.22
Comment 2 Craig 2014-03-10 10:47:46 UTC
Can you tell me if this bug has always existed?  Or would I be able to downgrade to a certain version of Xamarin Android where the bug doesn't exist?

Thanks.
Comment 3 Jonathan Pryor 2014-03-11 12:46:07 UTC
@Craig: It has likely always existed.

@Udham: Are you able to reproduce this on "desktop" Mono? I doubt this is Android-specific. Providing a simplified test case would also help.
Comment 5 Udham Singh 2014-03-11 14:35:01 UTC
I have checked this issue on windows and able to reproduce it by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Create a sample android application in VS 2013.
2. Generate the proxy using command below:

SlSvcUtil.exe https://www.vectren.com/webservices/cxf/contentService?wsdl /directory:E:\Testing\test_10__mar_2014\bug_18266\bug_18266 /n:*,Vectren.Mobile.Shared.Services.Content /o:ContentService.cs

3. Implement the code provided into bug description.
4. Debug the code for the error

Herewith I have attached the Sample Project for reference.

And when I am trying to reproduce it on "desktop" mono, not able to invoke the service method "service_getContentListCompleted".
Comment 6 Jonathan Pryor 2014-03-11 14:45:00 UTC
> And when I am trying to reproduce it on "desktop" mono, not able to invoke the
> service method "service_getContentListCompleted".

That's because you used `slsvcutil`, which produces Silverlight-style output. Please use `svcutil` (the non-Silverlight generator) and run on Desktop mono. (The WCF backends _should_ be the same, so I'm hopeful that it'll still fail on Mono...)

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.