Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 14279 on
GitHub or Developer Community if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
I have a NetTcp WCF service with callback contract that functions like a chat server with .Net 4 and Mono clients.
Both .Net and Mono clients can connect and communicate with the server, but the callback is never called on the Mono clients.
- NetTcpBinding's Security is None
- Service's InstanceContextMode is Single
- Clients' use DuplexClientBase
- IChatService interface's service contract looks like this: [ServiceContract(CallbackContract = typeof(IChatClient), SessionMode = SessionMode.Required)]
- Both the service and callback interfaces use IsOneWay for operation contracts. I've disabled that and it still doesn't get called.
- Firewall disabled on Mono (Mac) client and service (Windows)
No exceptions on client or server.
I have the same issue using Mono 3.2.3 on OSX.