|Summary:||[Cycle 8] "Unexpected libzip error: Inval" when building project that references Android Support Libraries on Windows if user name contains any accented characters|
|Product:||Android||Reporter:||Brendan Zagaeski (Xamarin Team, assistant) <brendan.zagaeski>|
|Component:||MSBuild||Assignee:||Marek Habersack <grendel>|
|Severity:||critical||CC:||jeremie.laval, mono-bugs+monodroid, saurabhd|
|Target Milestone:||7.0.x (C8SR0)|
|Tags:||XATriaged BZRC8S1_C7SR1S1||Is this bug a regression?:||Yes|
|Last known good build:||Cycle 7 SR 1|
|Attachments:||Diagnostic MSBuild output|
Description Brendan Zagaeski (Xamarin Team, assistant) 2016-09-13 21:57:07 UTC
Created attachment 17447 [details] Diagnostic MSBuild output [Cycle 8] "Unexpected libzip error: Inval" when building project that references Android Support Libraries if user name contains any accented characters ## Regression status: Regression in Cycle 8 Stable compared to Cycle 7 SR 1 > BAD: Xamarin 22.214.171.1240 (c4382f5) (with Xamarin.Android 126.96.36.199 (0e59c36)) > GOOD: Xamarin 188.8.131.52 (fcbe082) (with Xamarin.Android 184.108.40.206 (1cf254d)) ## Steps followed to replicate 1. Create a Windows username that includes a non-ASCII character. (I used a single letter username "é" for my tests.) 2. Create a new "Visual C# > Android > Blank App (Android)" project. (I created the project under the path `C:\source` for my tests.) 3. Add the "Xamarin.Android.Support.v4" (version 220.127.116.11) NuGet package. 4. Attempt to build the project. ## BAD Results on Cycle 8 The key error is: > error XA5209: Reason: Unexpected libzip error: Inval ## GOOD Results on Cycle 7 SR 1 The build completes successfully (and so does packaging and signing into a .apk). ## Additional version info (brief) Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 Enterprise Windows 10 (64-bit)
Comment 2 Brendan Zagaeski (Xamarin Team, assistant) 2016-09-13 22:01:04 UTC
*** Bug 44038 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 3 Marek Habersack 2016-09-16 12:16:48 UTC
Fix committed to LibZipSharp/master in commit eeba812d287c74e6d28cf5461f6fd62cff2f6963 (https://github.com/grendello/LibZipSharp/commit/eeba812d287c74e6d28cf5461f6fd62cff2f6963) but not yet included in xamarin-android or monodroid.
Comment 4 Marek Habersack 2016-09-16 12:51:18 UTC
Merged into monodroid/master, commit 780d661a4b93c1c080f06c9416c59f3a6e8adfd2
Comment 5 Marek Habersack 2016-09-16 18:02:32 UTC
Merged into xamarin-android/master, commit 3e41c40046e0c49e0291eaf08f16a9551a2d5305
Comment 6 Brendan Zagaeski (Xamarin Team, assistant) 2016-09-26 23:08:42 UTC
## Bookkeeping It looks like this commit ended up being included in C8SR0 due to the update for LibZipSharp that was included for Bug 44184. So this can optionally be verified against C8SR0 rather than C8SR1. Thanks!
Comment 7 Saurabh 2016-10-05 08:59:51 UTC
I can also reproduce this Issue with Cycle8 build (XVS 18.104.22.1680). This is the build output for the same: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/ba0ba6b61d5add43ac20908c57ecb020 I have also checked it with latest C8SR0 build and it is working fine. This is the build output: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/94585820835e95793f246c8a8288d145 Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013 Version 12.0.21005.1 REL Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.6.01532 Xamarin 22.214.171.1243 (3b7df6f) Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android. Xamarin.Android 126.96.36.199 (96c7ba6) Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.Android. Xamarin.iOS 10.0.1.10 (ad1cd42) Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.