|Summary:||Invalid DateTime format for Finnish and DateTime parser not supporting same separator for date and time|
|Product:||[Mono] Class Libraries||Reporter:||Dominique NORMAND <dominique>|
|Component:||mscorlib||Assignee:||Marek Safar <masafa>|
|Severity:||normal||CC:||arpitj, ashley.gazich, brendan.zagaeski, chrisntr, dominic, kumpera, masafa, mono-bugs+monotouch, mono-bugs+mono, sebastien|
|Tags:||BZCU||Is this bug a regression?:||---|
|Last known good build:|
|Attachments:||Sample project to reproduce the issue|
Description Dominique NORMAND 2015-11-18 09:58:38 UTC
Created attachment 13865 [details] Sample project to reproduce the issue MONO date time format for Finnish (fi-FI) is incorrect. The time separator is ':' instead of '.' . This causes Mono DateFormat to not be in sync with the native one (iOS). Once we change the time separator to be '.' ( So that it's in Sync with iOS) we get parsing exceptions because MONO's DateTime parser doesn't support having the same character for date separator and time separator.
Comment 1 Marek Safar 2015-11-19 07:41:38 UTC
I am updating cultures data to see if that fixes the issue
Comment 2 Marek Safar 2015-11-19 08:58:06 UTC
Fixed the time separator value in Mono master
Comment 3 Marek Safar 2015-11-20 18:21:12 UTC
Fixed in mono master, proposed for SR1
Comment 4 Arpit Jha 2015-11-24 03:37:05 UTC
As per comment 2,I have checked this issue with latest mono master MonoFramework-MDK-220.127.116.113.macos10.xamarin.universal_f82f4e84b1332d94e52be8258f37f6d623c0a2c3 having MD5 f1017f92732e63852b57c4dc0b495ef5 and with the help of attached project in bug description. Observed that issue still exist as mentioned in bug description, Getting System.DateTimeParse.Parse exception. App output: https://gist.github.com/Arpit360/e57a7ba956085b944116 Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/ajF7d6xF Full Environment Info: https://gist.github.com/Arpit360/2217d412e3adf260e60d For now, I am Reopening this issue. Please let me know If I am missing anything.
Comment 5 Marek Safar 2015-11-25 09:29:40 UTC
please read my comments first before reopening the bug report. The issue was fixed in Mono master and proposed for SR1. The attached repro uses XI therefore you'd need Mono master based XI for your repro to work. Master XI is based on Mono 4.3.1 which does not included the fix.
Comment 7 Marek Safar 2015-11-26 04:02:40 UTC
As I wrote earlier there is no XI which includes the fix yet
Comment 8 Arpit Jha 2015-12-15 06:53:25 UTC
I have checked this issue with latest master mono MonoFramework-MDK-18.104.22.168.macos10.xamarin.universal_f81f8763c1ae3c544ecf9a8404e1fe5ea1fb489e + monotouch-22.214.171.124 and its working fine. Now able to build and deploy attached project without any exception. Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/HgXFLwuL4l6 Full Environment Info: https://gist.github.com/Arpit360/7894b76414dafa05a21b Hence closing this issue.