Bug 32881

Summary: Null Reference Exception launching a page from a Carousel
Product: Forms Reporter: Cody Beyer (MSFT) <cody.beyer>
Component: iOSAssignee: Rui Marinho <rui.marinho>
Status: VERIFIED FIXED    
Severity: major CC: parmendrak, rui.marinho
Priority: High    
Version: 1.5.0   
Target Milestone: ---   
Hardware: PC   
OS: Mac OS   
Tags: ac Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Description Cody Beyer (MSFT) 2015-08-07 15:18:55 UTC
### Description

The following sample app works in 1.4.4 but throws an NRE in 1.5.0-pre1

### Stacktrace

https://gist.github.com/CodyBeyer/eff2c0ed8d6bd88daa46

### Sample

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eezg67dm59e7o48/TesApp.zip?dl=0

### Video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96jj41ck95zm9gc/NRE.mov?dl=0

### Steps to Reproduce

1. Download sample
2. Deploy to Simulator
3. Swipe to the third Carousel page
4. Click button

### Expected Results

MainPage should open

### Actual Results

NRE is thrown

### Versions

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.9.5 (build 9)
Installation UUID: 14e9db9d-4a59-440f-8c5b-890f54ec8c58
Runtime:
	Mono 4.0.3 ((detached/d6946b4)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 400030020

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.4 (7720)
Build 6E35b

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.10.4.46 (Business Edition)
Hash: 2c66d2f
Branch: master
Build date: 2015-08-04 13:52:25-0400

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 5.1.5.3 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/codybeyer/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.3   (API level 10)
		4.0.3 (API level 15)
		4.2   (API level 17)
		4.3   (API level 18)
		4.4   (API level 19)
		5.0   (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin Android Player ===

Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 2.0.2.111 (Business Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 509050009
Git revision: b99cb19a1d3b15d8980c4616f13f837457e5b292
Build date: 2015-07-28 02:01:44-04
Xamarin addins: d53d6eceb828422f3d4aff8547f2f6bab6c9ea58

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.10.4
Darwin Codys-Macintosh.router 14.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.4.0
    Thu May 28 11:35:04 PDT 2015
    root:xnu-2782.30.5~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 1 Rui Marinho 2015-08-14 05:48:16 UTC
Should be fixed in 1.5.0-pre2
Comment 2 Parmendra Kumar 2015-08-24 06:37:25 UTC
I have checked this issue with Xamarin.Forms 1.5.0-pre2 and I am still getting same issue.

Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/PILqdckuU

Application Output:  https://gist.github.com/anonymous/9bacd4a7597e7672c0c0]


Hence reopen this issue.


Environment info:
Xamarin Studio 5.9.5 (build 10)
Mono 4.0.3 ((detached/d6946b4)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 400030020
Xcode 6.2 (6776)
Xamarin.iOS : 8.10.4.46 (Enterprise Edition)
Xamarin.Android : 5.1.5.3 (Enterprise Edition)
Mac OS X 10.9.4
Comment 3 Rui Marinho 2015-08-24 10:34:52 UTC
Ok, can confirm we didn't cherrypick the right commit to the 1.5.0-pre2 release, would be in the next release.
Comment 4 Parmendra Kumar 2015-08-28 15:01:38 UTC
I have checked this issue with Xamarin.Forms 1.5.0-pre3 and its working fine at my end.

hence closing this issue.