Bug 28961

Summary: AOT error when upgrading to Unified API
Product: iOS Reporter: Herman Schoenfeld <herman>
Component: GeneralAssignee: Zoltan Varga <vargaz>
Status: VERIFIED FIXED    
Severity: normal CC: brendan.zagaeski, cody.beyer, ggirard, gouri.kumari, mono-bugs+monotouch, pj.beaman, rolf, sadika, tkoehn
Priority: Normal    
Version: XI 8.10   
Target Milestone: 8.10.2 (C5SR2)   
Hardware: Other   
OS: Other   
Tags: Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:
Attachments: Build log
OS X Environment Details
Win Environment Details

Description Herman Schoenfeld 2015-04-09 23:38:05 UTC
Created attachment 10704 [details]
Build log

After finding a work-around current bug 28918, I've encountered another show-stopper:


MTOUCH: Error MT3001: Could not AOT the assembly '/Users/Developer/Documents/Development/SH2/SH2.Mobile.iOS/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/Build/Sphere10.Framework.iOS.dll' (MT3001) (SH2)


Note: The Sphere10.* DLL's are compiled on a Windows machine with XI 8.10. The SH2.* DLL's are compiled on an OS X Machine with XI 8.10.

Attachments include:
1. Build Log
2. mtouch-cache folder for issue reproduction
3. Mac Environment Details
4. Win Environment Details
Comment 1 Herman Schoenfeld 2015-04-09 23:38:44 UTC
Created attachment 10705 [details]
OS X Environment Details
Comment 2 Herman Schoenfeld 2015-04-09 23:39:08 UTC
Created attachment 10706 [details]
Win Environment Details
Comment 4 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge [MSFT] 2015-04-10 06:20:00 UTC
What was the workaround for bug #28918?
Comment 6 Zoltan Varga 2015-04-10 10:49:46 UTC
A workaround is to make the methods referenced by the error messages manually synchronized, i.e. instead of using the [MethodImplAttribute(MethodImplOptions.Synchronized)] attribute,
Sphere10.Framework.TypeInfo.IsArray () should look like:

lock (typeof (TypeInfo)) {
  <rest of method>
}
Comment 7 Zoltan Varga 2015-04-10 10:53:31 UTC
The relevant methods are all in the Sphere10.Framework.TypeInfo class.
Comment 8 Zoltan Varga 2015-04-10 11:12:35 UTC
Fixed in mono master 2a96a023512a937dd16ca23ef6f3ff2b62ab3560.
Comment 9 Herman Schoenfeld 2015-04-14 21:11:03 UTC
Thank you for your prompt response, work-arounds implemented.
Comment 10 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge [MSFT] 2015-04-23 07:27:18 UTC
*** Bug 29256 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 11 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge [MSFT] 2015-05-12 13:17:46 UTC
*** Bug 29980 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 12 Sadik Ali 2015-05-18 06:56:14 UTC
I have checked this issue and able to reproduce the above given behavior with the help of sample given in the bug 29980. I am using following builds:
XS: Version 5.9.1 (build 4)
Mono: 4.0.1.28
XI: 8.10.1.38

I have checked this issue with the master builds and there is no any error occurred. Application is getting deploy on device/simulator without any error.I am using following builds:
XS: 6.0 (build 650)
Mono: 4.1.0.1642
XI: 8.11.0.801

Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/xvg6t3oE6Ak

Hence I am closing this issue.
Comment 13 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge [MSFT] 2015-05-19 07:11:20 UTC
*** Bug 30158 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 14 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge [MSFT] 2015-05-27 04:51:22 UTC
*** Bug 30459 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***