Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I am developing games withe MonoTouch. My solution have two projects: the library project and the execute project(MonoTouch Unit Tests project).
On the lib project, there are some resources(BuildAction-->BundleResource).
I package the project and generate ipa. The ipa is very big!
So I go to detail and I found that: the ipa include the resources and the dll also include the resources!
Because the dll is very big, I guess the dll include the resources!
So, the resources in the ipa repeated two times!
Any information will be appreciated!
-> MonoDevelop (the IPA is created from the addin)
Which version of MonoDevelop are you using?
That's strange, mtouch is supposed to strip the resources from the dll when copying it into the app bundle.
Alan: Go to the "iPhone Build" section in your Project Options for the main project and configure your "Linker Options" to "Link All Assemblies".
It appears that the code only strips the resources in that case (i.e. you've uncovered a bug).
That options needs to move out of the linker (which is not always enabled) and part of the normal mtouch build.
Alan, doing a "Link all" has several advantages - but if you prefer using "Link SDK" then you might want to read on the linker settings, including this recent post:
thanks for everybody!
I'll give it a try in three weeks. Because I am in holiday!
thanx again,I will response here when I fixed it.
Fixed in master: b7061ca07fd1f935ce40ccba6432aeb81446f593
QA: Unit test added (a0285ea5ca60d7a034500920d774364d7ec511ed) for every (3) linker settings.
"Link SDK" and "Don't link" will remove resources on device builds (but not on the simulator builds to keep them as fast as possible).
"Link All" behavior remains unchanged for device (already working) but won't remove the resources for the simulator (that was not working previously).
thanx for everybody!
After configure "Linker Options" to "Link All Assemblies", it is ok!!
AS per Alan's comment 8, now its working fine.
Hence closing this issue.