Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
When selecting Version Control\Update on the solution, MonoDevelop appears to update just the main project from SVN but not the other projects in the solution
This is also true for commits.
Are you using the Update command in contextual menu or in the main menu?
I'm using the update command in the contextual menu when right clicking on the solution in the Solution pad.
I've had the same issue commiting - I have to do 5 commits.. wouldn't be so bad if I could assign a keystroke to it.
traderhut, could you explain how to reproduce this issue?
This bug has been in the NEEDINFO state with no changes for the last 90 days. Can we put this back into the NEW or CONFIRMED state, or are we still awaiting response?
If there is no change in the status of this bug over the next two weeks, this bug will be marked as NORESPONSE.
Sorry, I didn't reply.
Due to this bug, I abandoned SVN completely. (A good idea for everyone on the planet IMHO - out of 9+ version control systems I've used, it is 2nd to the last with only Perforce being worse. - Yes, I'll take Source Safe, or PVCS, or even RCS from 1985 over it. Although it never happened under Xamarin, I always seem to get working directories hosed up with SVN and they have to be wiped out to make them work again. And every now and then stuff gets lost when you do that. - End Soapbox ;-) )
I am now using Git. As such, I can't reproduce it.
>>> My steps to reproduce it was: Click on Xamarin Studio. Open Project. Not have version control anymore.
Can't get much easier than that.
For you guys to reproduce it in QA, I would create a project under SVN+SSH on a OLD version of your software, say a year ago, and open it in the current version. (If that doesn't work, open it in every version between them first. Or if there is a version you know did something specific with SVN, then maybe try skipping that version or being sure to include it.
I've not tried for the last 4 or so months, so I can't say exactly when it got hosed up.