Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 846 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
Open the MonoDevelop.IPhone project.
Right-click User Interface, New Widget...
Set Name to: MonoDevelop.IPhone.Gui.TestFlightSettingsWidget
And I get a new widget called MonoDevelop.IPhone.MonoDevelop.IPhone.Gui
And setting Name to Gui.TestFlightSettingsWidget produces a widget called MonoDevelop.IPhone.Gui.
I guess the widget templates shouldn't permit namespaces, since they take it from the project tree.
Since the UI design is linked to a real class file in the project tree, I'd suggest adding the widget to a real folder in the project tree instead of to the 'User Interface' virtual folder. That way, it'll take the namespace from the folder.
TBH this is partly a symptom of the the 'User Interface' virtual folder (which IMO is very much more confusing than useful). Fortunately the new stetic doesn't have one.
tried to repro this, I tried to create a widget called "hello.mine.widget".
I ended up with a widget called "hello" and the namespace appeared to be correct. In any event, the name of the widget was wrong. It should at least be using the Safe name of the project and converting the periods to underscores.