Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 2849 [details]
Screenshot of the error
1. Open ASP.NET project
2. Run it in debug mode (F5) - browser will show the front page
3. Go back to Monodevelop and stop debug mode (shift + F5)
4. Debug mode is stopped, run it again in debug mode (F5)
5. Following error is displayed:
Adding applications '/:.'...
Virtual path: /
Physical path: C:\MonoDevelop\ASPNetMVCTest\ASPNetMVCTest\
Listening on address: 127.0.0.1Root directory: C:\MonoDevelop\ASPNetMVCTest\ASPNetMVCTest
Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint local_end) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.WebalException) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.WebServer.ApplicationServer:Start (bool,System.Exception)
at Mono.WebServer.XSP.Server.RealMain (System.String args, Boolean root, IApplicationHost ext_apphost, Boolean quiet) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Server.XSPWebSource.CreateSocket () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.WebServer.ApplicationServer.Start (Boolean bgThread) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.WebServer.ApplicationServer.Start (Boolean bgThread, System.Exception initi
6. Now you cant't run application in debug mode! You need to start task manager and through it kill "mono.exe *32" process.
7. After you kill the process, you are able to run the web app again in debug mode by pressing F5.
8. So it seems that stopping debug mode in Monodevelop does not stop the app process.
Unable to reproduce this with MonoDevelop 5.9. So it looks like the problem has been fixed.