Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the 'Quotes' sample app
2. Debug OR Release the application
3. Click on any page icon
4. Move the slider (min <-> max) few times
On moving the slider, we observe following result:
1. The padding between the lines do not always increase/decrease according to movement of slider.
2. If slider is working properly then at minimum value of slide the text of lines overlap to each other.
3. On moving the slider (min <-> max) few times, application crashes.
On moving the slider:
1. The padding between the lines should always increase/decrease according to movement of slider.
2. If slider is working properly then at minimum value of slide the text of lines should not overlap to each other.
3. On moving the slider (min <-> max) few times, application should not crash.
iOS Device Log:
MD 184.108.40.206 Stable
iPad2 iOS 6.0
An update to the above issue, few more functional issues exists which are as follows:
1. When launch the application, the thumbnail icons of five Shakespeare's play appear, with the rough idea about how the content of the play should appear when click on it's respective thumbnail icon. Below is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/jFELudLN8bq
2. When click on the thumbnail icon of any play, then the UI appears as incorrect, as the text which should appear in brown colour (according to it's thumbnail) is appearing in black colour. Moreover, the slider is not functioning. Here is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/jiLAO5Z0R
And also when the user swipe the finger from Left to Right, the UI gets corrected automatically and the slider also starts functioning properly. However, the user is still not able to scroll the text upward in order to view the complete content on the screen. Below is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/R2VIP19Sx
Below is the build version of MD and MT on which we have tested this:
MT 6.0.8 - 20faf1fe53be8e75d91e3ec6791935cbfe2e0808
MD 3.0.5 Stable
This is a line by line port of the iOS6 app WWDCQuotes. The functionality described above is working as intended.
This app is intended to demonstrate the difference between old legacy drawing and the new attributed string apis that were added in iOS6. When the user clicks on a thumbnail, the default display should be plain text (black), and an nonfunctional slider. The slider is only enabled in "drawing" mode which is activated by swiping the screen. Swiping the screen also changes certain attributes of certain strings. Scrolling is never enabled.
The details of this application's functionality are described briefly in the readme.md included in the app.
As for the crash on slider, I will have to attempt a repro next week as I am currently out of town.
I was able to reproduce the slider crash consistently. It seems as if a memory warning is received once or twice while moving the slider back and forth repetitively, and then ultimately the application crashes.
Maybe something isn't being properly disposed or GC'd?
Here are a few more device logs:
The crash is still happenning on moving the slider to and fro in WWDCQuotes.
Test Env:Xamarin Studio
Version 4.3.0 (build 52)
Installation UUID: 5ed3a124-4b77-4c6f-beb9-c830fd815e2a
Mono 3.2.5 ((no/964e8f0)
GTK+ 2.24.20 theme: Raleigh
Package version: 302050000
Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 5.0.1 (3335.23)
Version: 220.127.116.11 (Enterprise Edition)
Build date: 2013-16-12 16:06:53-0500
Device Info: iPad3 6.0
@Sebastien: I am not able to figure out the actual cause of the crash. It would be helpful if you could look at this sample at some point and give a few hints.
iPad Air 7.0.3
The app was crashing because it was running out of memory (due to a missing call to UIGraphics.EndImageContext).
Today, we have checked this issue with:
XS 4.2.3(build 29)
App info: monotouch-samples-master ce3a61dd423e4d203c3cecf665250e232687adad
Device : iPad3 6.1.2
Now application is not crashes when we move the Slider. Hence marking this as Verified