Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Debugging becomes difficult (sometimes resulting in a crash) and extremely slows down the development process. Also, after the debugger has crashed, the app somehow locks up and prevents restarting the debug process for about 30 seconds.
Happens on a development computer only.
Attempted to reinstall Visual Studio and MonoDroid but it didn't help.
Problem occurs on both an emulator and a physical device.
Running Windows 7 in a virtual machine (VMWare Fusion 5.0.1) on a MacBook Pro (Retina) with OSX Mountain Lion (10.8.1).It should be noted that problem was not reproduced on another VM. But it was running Windows 8 and VS 2012.
Android SDK is up to date.
Visual Studio 2010 SP1 is installed. As I wrote in the chat, I even reinstalled VS.
Disabling my anti virus software didn't help.
Installed ReSharper but the problem also occurred without it.
Debugger to the crashed VS instance and posted it here: http://pastebin.com/JxBdTDMg
Monodroid.log for that debug session can be found attached to the case
This there a demo app with which we can replicate the problem?
I have tried putting
throw new Exception();
in a button click and left it unhandled. and the IDE behaves as I would expect, it does not crash.
This bug has been in the NEEDINFO state with no changes for the last 90 days. Can we put this back into the NEW or CONFIRMED state, or are we still awaiting response?
If there is no change in the status of this bug over the next two weeks, this bug will be marked as NORESPONSE.
This bug has not been changed from the NEEDINFO state since my previous comment, marking as RESOLVED NORESPONSE.
Please feel free to REOPEN this bug at any time if you are still experiencing the issue. Please add the requested information and set the bug back to the NEW (or CONFIRMED) state.