Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Open MD
2. Create an MFA application
3. Go to Project Options. Add Android Manifest file
4. Add a few permissions AccessFineLocation, Internet by selecting the checkboxes
5. Close and open manifest file again
6. Selected uses-permission check boxes are unchecked.
7. Again add the same uses-permission AccessFineLocation, Internet by selecting the checkboxes
8. Open AndroidManifest.xml in Properties folder. It will show duplicate entries of the same permissions.
Android manifest file must not allow duplicate permission entries
Selected permission entries are unchecked when you close and reopen the Android Manifest Xml in project options.
Able to add duplicate entries to android manifest xml.
Let's note that step 6 is also a bug - MonoDevelop should accurately read and display the contents of Manifest.
Setting priority to normal and severity to major (to account for the fact that setting Android permissions is now essentially broken in MD).
Fixed and added tests ensuring it doesn't regress again.