Bug 735 - base ( does not offer any completions
Summary: base ( does not offer any completions
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Text Editor ()
Version: 2.8 Beta 1
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: --- blocker
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Mike Krüger
Depends on:
Reported: 2011-09-11 01:18 UTC by Miguel de Icaza [MSFT]
Modified: 2011-09-12 03:24 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Miguel de Icaza [MSFT] 2011-09-11 01:18:09 UTC
Typing "base (" in a subclass no longer offers any completions.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create an iPhone project "MonoTouch Single View Application" name this "demo"

2. Go to the demoViewController.cs file

3. Add a new constructor by typing:

public demoViewController () : base (

See how there are no completions suggested after the "("
Comment 1 Mike Krüger 2011-09-12 03:24:27 UTC
Seems to work for me in master:


I think it has to do with my recent work on the c# parser layer where I added many token locations - I merged that stuff the last week. Even if we don't use the new parser layer in code completion it's used to get the MD dom which needs to work for code completion - otherwise the code completion can't do the member lookup and that's why it may fail.

If you can't get it  working on master re open the bug.