Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I've experienced 2 unexpected behavior:
1. Position sometimes freezes to some value and does not change
2. After a longer time without GPS coverage, does not get GPS fix when possible, still reporting that no position available.
Only on WP7.
Are you listening for position errors? Geolocator automatically stops listening when an error is raised.
You are right, Im not listening for errors.
Thank you very much, hope it will fix this problem.
Did this solve your issue?
I found a way how to reproduce this behavior for Android.
1. Subscribe for location changes.
2. Got GPS fix, everything works great
3. Lost GPS, in garage - no location changes event fired, last value, with speed & etc is last known.
Tested on Android 2.2, 2.3, 4.
Yes, I'm listening for position errors, the same code works on WP7 correctly now.
Due to bug mentioned in my '2012-12-12 02:26:28 EST" comment, I had to rewrite Android location code to native a get rid of Xamarin.Mobile in Android version of app.
This is also known bug when working with location on Android below 4.1 - when GPS is lost, no new location changed events are fired. So I had to add watchdog - if there are no position updates in 3 seconds, GPS is lost.
I think you have typical working mode on your iphone and with off-line mode on I can't get my gps position from maps, iphone programming or navigon iphone programming either. What is more, when I have wifi turned off and the 3g I still can get a gps bolt so maybe you require a substantial telephone motion with a specific end goal to get a gps bolt??
http://buyessay.info/ - read my blog
Closing this issue as it is quite old (2012-2013) and I think it was resolved.
> Are you listening for position errors?
> Geolocator automatically stops listening when an error is raised.
Also, this is WP7 which is technically not supported by MS anymore. And, I would also like to point out that the Mobile API is being deprecated in favor of various plugins (which have the equivalent/same API):
- Contacts: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xam.Plugin.Contacts
- Geolocator: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xam.Plugin.Geolocator
- Media: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xam.Plugin.Media
This plugin model has several advantages:
- Each plugin is independent, and can be updated as such
- It is no longer an all-or-nothing package
- Plugins can be mixed/replaced with other plugins that offer similar features
If you have any more issues with the Geolocator, please open a bug on GitHub:
Thanks for using the Mobile API, and we hope that the new plugin model will enable you to produce even better mobile apps.