Bug 6526 - Can't upload App. "Unknown Provisioning Profile"
Summary: Can't upload App. "Unknown Provisioning Profile"
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: iOS add-in ()
Version: 3.0.x
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jeffrey Stedfast
Depends on:
Reported: 2012-08-14 09:44 UTC by Morten
Modified: 2012-08-17 11:09 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Comment 14 Jeffrey Stedfast 2012-08-15 15:24:08 UTC
Can you try this custom build and see if it solves the problem for you?


I'm pretty sure I've fixed the bug illustrated in screenshot #2 (the iPhone Bundle Signing settings dialog bug), but not sure about the core issue.

I've changed MonoDevelop to use the Common Name when signing as opposed to the thumbprint.
Comment 17 Morten 2012-08-15 15:39:26 UTC
Hi Jeffrey,

Your custom build solved the "Unknown Profile" problem. :)

I still have problems with Application Loader (I've attached the Application Loader Screenshot).

I've attached the output.

 Could it be a problem outside MonoDevelop?
Comment 19 Jeffrey Stedfast 2012-08-15 15:54:30 UTC
Well, anything is possible... but I think it's reasonable to suspect that it's a MonoDevelop bug somewhere, I just don't know where.

Do you happen to know if this ever worked with a prior version of MonoDevelop? Perhaps that might provide some clues if it did...
Comment 21 Jeffrey Stedfast 2012-08-15 16:34:55 UTC
I was just playing with Xcode 4.4.1 and it does not appear to add the binary magic bytes to the beginning of the .xcent file, so perhaps they have changed the format.

I'm working on a fix to drop the binary header from the .xcent file when the user has Xcode >= 4.4.1 installed. I'll upload a new custom build once I finish. This might be the problem...
Comment 22 Jeffrey Stedfast 2012-08-15 17:21:55 UTC
Okay, new try at fixing this bug: http://files.xamarin.com/~jeff/MonoDevelop-

This version won't write the binary magic to the beginning of the .xcent file since Xcode 4.4.1 does not seem to use it (at least some older versions required it, but Apple seems to have changed this recently).

Might not be the problem since the codesign utility might handle the old format with the binary magic at the beginning, but there's only 1 way to find out.