Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
The OData client library (System.Data.Services.Client.dll) does not ship with any string resources. This is bad because any non-200 level response from an OData service is materialized as an exception on the client side, and all OData client exceptions consume string resources. So any attempt to construct an OData exception will itself cause a MissingManifestResourceException to be thrown.
I'm pretty sure the string resources have been absent in all previous versions of MonoTouch.
I just checked and this issue is fixed in 5.3.x* (beta) so the next stable version (5.4) will have this fix.
* the resources are in the assembly, while they are not in 5.2.x
There might not be a 5.2.14 update (before 5.4) but you could use the one from 5.3.x in 5.2 (there should be no difference except for the resources being present). If this can be useful to you I can attach the newer assembly to the bug report.
> If this can be useful to you I can attach the newer assembly to the
> bug report.
Yes, please do!
Created attachment 2334 [details]
To use the attached assembly (on top of MonoTouch 5.2.x) do:
1) backup your /Developer/MonoTouch/usr/lib/mono/2.1/System.Data.Services.Client.dll and /Developer/MonoTouch/usr/lib/mono/2.1/System.Data.Services.Client.dll.mdb files
2) copy the attached file to /Developer/MonoTouch/usr/lib/mono/2.1/System.Data.Services.Client.dll
3) remove the /Developer/MonoTouch/usr/lib/mono/2.1/System.Data.Services.Client.dll.mdb symbols (they likely won't match anymore)
4) clean, rebuild and test your application