Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 60562 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
I'm trying to debug the Xamarin Forms library through my sample app using UWP. The point is to find an issue that may be under the hood of Xamarin Forms. However, when I try to compile my app, I get two compilation errors:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Conflicting values for resource 'Files/Xamarin.Forms.Platform.UAP/TabbedPageStyle.xbf' Adapt.PresentationSamples.UWP C:\GitRepos\Adapt.Presentation\Adapt.PresentationSamples.UWP\MakePRI
Error Processing Resources failed with error: Duplicate Entry. Adapt.PresentationSamples.UWP C:\GitRepos\Adapt.Presentation\Adapt.PresentationSamples.UWP\MakePri
To repo the problem:
-Clone this repo: https://github.com/MelbourneDeveloper/Adapt.Presentation.git in to C:\GitRepos\Adapt.Presentation
-Switch to the branch AdaptTreeViewItemProviderXFDebug
-Clone the Xamarin Forms repo in to C:\GitRepos\Xamarin.Forms (you can just cut and paste the folder there)
-Open the solution Adapt.Presentation.sln.
-*Optionally* unload all non-UWP, non-.NET Standard projects
-Attempt to build
-You will see the above error message.
I'm guessing that this problem has something to do with C:\GitRepos\Xamarin.Forms\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.UAP\TabbedPageStyle.xaml
I can see this occurring on a cursory lookover and will leave it as confirmed until further investigation. I'm unsure if there's potentially a version conflict somewhere or not, but it may be worth looking into in the meantime to see if it doesn't aid the situation in any way.
Thanks. What do you mean by a version conflict? I'm using the code directory from the Github repo. I'm not referencing any other assemblies that I know about.
I think this might have been a bit of a false alarm...
A couple of the projects were still referencing the Xamarin.Forms NuGet package.
But, now that I've removed those, nothing compiles. I can't reference the compiled Xamarin.Forms.Core library because visual studio says that only other PCL libraries can be references.
Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to debug the Xamarin.Forms library? A sample app?
I really need to look at the code see what is going on.
I am also seeing this error.
Could have been introduced when switching over to .Net Standard libraries from PCL.
I cannot see anywhere where there would be conflicting versions.
My project references .Net Standard 1.4
Just check to make sure you are not referencing any DLLs from the Xamarin.Forms libraries that may be of different versions.
@MelbourneDeveloper I have checked all my projects and all are referencing the same version.
There is only 1 version in my packages folder.
Have you solved this error in your project?
Mine builds successfully in release but not in debug
Yes. I don't have a problem anymore. I was still never able to debug Xamarin.Forms, but that is a separate issue.
Maybe you should try doing a full clean on your folder, deleting all the Xamarin temp files out of the user folder, upgrading all the NuGet packages and rebuilding.
What do you mean by "deleting all the Xamarin temp files out of the user folder"
I will try clean everything and find this issue its a real blocker as it puts my UWP project out of action
I deleted packages folder
deleted every bin/ obj folder in every csproj which was part of my solution
Built the project and it worked.
Really strange, never seen anything like that before
(P.S. a standard VS "Clean" and "Rebuild" didnt work)
I'm getting the problem again. I've tried doing a full Git clean, and deleting all the Xamarin data in my user folder. I still can't compile the UWP app.
The app used to compile and run. Now, randomly. It doesn't
On some computers it compiles. On others it doesn't.