Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
It would be nice to try and use Ward  annotations to catch violations of various invariants in the log profiler.
A few examples:
* We shouldn't try to write an event to a log buffer without holding the reader or exclusive lock.
* We shouldn't start writing a new event to a log buffer if we're already writing one.
* We shouldn't try to iterate the thread list without holding the exclusive lock.
* We shouldn't try to acquire the reader or exclusive lock recursively.
* We shouldn't use signal-unsafe functions in the sample hit callback.
Moving to GitHub: https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/6182