Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Summary: When uncheck the option Fast Deployment through project option, and then Press F5, the application crashes as soon as it launch on the emulator/device.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new MFA application.
2. Right click on Project -> Project Option -> MFA build.
3. Uncheck Fast Deployment and click on OK button.
4. Press F5.
5. Observe that the application crashes as soon as it launch on the emulator/device.
Actual result: When uncheck the option Fast Deployment through project oprtion, and then Press F5, the application crashes as soon as it launch on the emulator/device.
Expected result: The application should launch successfully.
Supplement information: Logcat:
Windows 7 (&8)
MD 184.108.40.206 RC3
MFA 4.2.4 RC2
Regression status: REGRESSION
Behavior does not manifest on MD 220.127.116.11 (stable) with MFA 4.2.4. That would point towards 18.104.22.168 being the culprit. Will test MD 22.214.171.124 with MFA 4.2.3 to verify.
*** Bug 6090 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I'll go out on a limb and guess that this is a dup of #5965.
Sanity check: does the following work?
msbuild /t:Install Project.csproj /p:EmbedAssembliesIntoApk=True
Clearing the fast deployment checkbox SHOULD be the same as setting the EmbedAssembliesIntoApk property; you can further check this by opening the .csproj and see if the following element is present:
If this truly is a dup of #5965, then exiting and restarting MonoDevelop may allow it to work..
1. This is not a duplicate of #5965, as the #5965 states, that on x86 Emualtor of API Level 15, when we try to run any application on Release mode, it gives the mentioned error. However, the ##5955 states, that on 'No Fast Dev' when try to Debug any application, the application crashes as soon as it launch and this is happening on all the emulators and devices.
We have provided the logcat for the same in the issue itself.
2. As per the above comments, we have also tried to run the command: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319>MSBuild /p:Configuration=Debug /t:Install
It gives an error in the command prompt, here is the logcat for the same: https://gist.github.com/3127553
And when change the apk file into the rar and extract its content, the assemblies folder is present.
Also, we run the command: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319>MSBuild /p:Configuration=Debug /t:Install
Here also one error appears, logcat for the same: https://gist.github.com/3127557
But here when change the apk file into the rar and extract its content, the assemblies folder is not present.
3. The issue exists, when we try to debug any application (Template: MonoforAndroid Application) through MonoDevelop on No Fast Dev (Unchecked the option Fast Deployment through project options), as the application build successfully. However, it crashes as soon as it launch on any emulator/device.
Below is the application output and the logcat for the same:
Application output: https://gist.github.com/3096450
And when debug the same application on Fast Dev (after checking the option Fast Deployment through project options), the application build successfully, as well as it runs successfully.
The team has reported this issue as fixed. If anyone knows otherwise please re-open.
"For the bug: Bug 5955 - Cannot debug without FastDev using MD 126.96.36.199 and MFA 4.2.4 the status needs to be set as Resolved Fixed as the issue does not exists with MD 188.8.131.52 Stable and MFA 4.2.5 234611aba6206ad2c561d2d9b76772d0a76884cf"
Today we have checked this issue on following builds :
XS 4.0.8 (build 2)
VS 2010 / 2012
Now we are able to build and deploy application on device and emulator successfully without fast deployment option.
Hence closing this issue. Changing its status to verified.