Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Currently, the WindowSoftInputModeAdjust is set as Resize to accommodate WebView input.
However, there is a white stripe under the statusbar and the the statusbar background is directly below under the white strip displaying as another strip.
I've updated to XF 2.4-Pre2, as I understand PR 892 (https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/892) is supposed to fix this issue by removing the underlying status background, but still has no effect prior to upgrading.
The only way I got it to work is to put the set the status bar height in MainActivity.cs
//Remove the status bar underlay in API 21+
if (Build.VERSION.SdkInt >= BuildVersionCodes.Lollipop)
Window.DecorView.SystemUiVisibility = 0;
var statusBarHeightInfo = typeof(FormsAppCompatActivity).GetField("_statusBarHeight", System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Instance | System.Reflection.BindingFlags.NonPublic);
Window.SetStatusBarColor(new Android.Graphics.Color(18, 52, 86, 255));
Make sure you have updated the Xamarin.Forms package in _all_ your projects to 2.4.0-pre2 and then do a clean and rebuild. If you are also currently using that code in MainActivity, remove it after updating the packages as it should no longer be needed.
If you continue to experience this issue, let us know what device/emulator you are testing with and attach a simple project that reproduces the issue so we can investigate further. When providing the requested information, please set the report's status back to NEW otherwise we may close this issue after 30 days of no response. Thanks!
Marking as no response and assuming this is no longer an issue. Please reopen if this is still an issue as of the latest 2.4.0 stable build.