Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I have tried to upgrade mono from 184.108.40.206 on CentOS 7, installed from http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-lin-centos, to 220.127.116.11-0.xamarin.3.epel7.
However, this error has resulted:
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: gtk-sharp2-devel-2.12.26-3.el7.x86_64 (@epel)
Requires: gtk-sharp2 = 2.12.26-3.el7
Removing: gtk-sharp2-2.12.26-3.el7.x86_64 (@epel)
gtk-sharp2 = 2.12.26-3.el7
Updated By: gtk-sharp2-2.12.43-0.xamarin.5.epel7.x86_64 (download.mono-project.com_repo_centos7_)
gtk-sharp2 = 2.12.43-0.xamarin.5.epel7
Available: gtk-sharp2-2.12.26-0.x86_64 (download.mono-project.com_repo_centos7_)
gtk-sharp2 = 2.12.26-0
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
I'm not exactly sure what it's stating the problem is here.
Any tips greatly appreciated.
OK. I implemented a fix for this incorrectly a long time ago. I think I've fixed it properly now, but I can't publish a fixed build until I fix installability of Mono 5.4 alpha, which it turns out is also broken. Should be fine later this week.
If you ping me a message on here when you've published it, I will give it a whirl.
I appreciate your time.
As a little background: for a super long time, Red Hat refused to publish Mono packages, so when I started at Xamarin, I took the state of the art from openSUSE & worked from there. Eventually, RHEL added Mono packages.
One area they differ is in Gtk# - SUSE basically ships everything in one package, and RHEL (correctly) splits the development-related files (.pc files) into a -devel package. So gtk-sharp2-devel existed in RHEL, but not in SUSE (or SUSE-derived packages like ours).
I've now added a dummy empty gtk-sharp2-devel package, whilst retaining the SUSE package structure, which means the dependencies in both SUSE and RHEL work.
The failures stemmed from any gtk-sharp2-devel dependency trying to use RHEL's package, but there being files in both RHEL's gtk-sharp2-devel and Mono's gtk-sharp2, hence the conflict.
Thanks for the explanation, Jo.
Also happy to report, I now have a mono 5.2 install on my CentOS 7 box :)