Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 58595 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
Created attachment 24039 [details]
Screenshot of error
When adding components into a project the download fails with the following:
“Error downloading component: MD5 hashes don't match”
Components Reported to be effected:
Instabug for Android
Instabug for iOS
VS2017 15.2 & 15.3
Steps to reproduce:
-Create Blank Xamarin Android Project in Visual Studio 2015 (see version info following description.
-Right-click Components -> Get More Components
-Search and find effected component
-Add To App
-In Solution Explorer, under components, Right Click XM.CropImage (Error)-> Edit Components ...
-Underneath the logo showing XM.CropImage, I see a Red error message stating:
Error downloading component: MD5 hashes don't match
-There's a link to retry. The error message shows again,.
-An engineer opened the .info that came with the Component (Tested XM.CropImage) after using solution explorer to add the component.
-The .info has a Hash property in the json and shows the value: "Hash":"e9757ae3801b251ef6396b4a9ee7e4ac"
-Downloaded XM.CropImage from https://components.xamarin.com/download/xm.cropimage
-This is a zip file with md5 hash of e9757ae3801b251ef6396b4a9ee7e4ac
What I have found is that the IDE is calling the following to download the component.
That is returning a zero byte file. Will need to pick this back up next week.
We have deployed a workaround for this defect. You should not see the error.
I have been asked to leave the bug open for now while the web team investigates a better fix.
I've verified the components listed above, and others noted are now downloading as expected.