Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Code changes don't show up on device if the formerly installed app haven't been uninstalled.
Please try deploy the app for more than 3 times. Then it should happen.
It seems to be the same issue described in this post:
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017
Version 15.2 (26430.15) Release
Xamarin 18.104.22.1686 (fec6f88)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.Android SDK 22.214.171.124 (9dbc4c5)
Xamarin.Android Reference Assemblies and MSBuild support.
Given the description of the bug and the history of code not making it to the device, we will need to investigate a bit deeper. Some items we will want from you first:
1) Diagnostic Build Output - https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/troubleshooting/troubleshooting/#Diagnostic_MSBuild_Output
2) Project .csproj - So we can see your project settings and what features are enabled
3) Sample Project - A project that has demonstrated this bug for you on your local computer in hopes that we can reproduce.
As for some steps you can follow to ensure on your end:
1) Ensure the bin/obj folders are deleted between deploys
2) Ensure you remove the previous application from your emulator/device - This is a one time step as I've seen in the past that certain features may not play well with each other and thus we need to ensure the next deploys are from an installed app that has the same settings
3) If you wanted to go even further, find the APK generated by Xamarin.Android and compare that to the APK on the device. We will also want to look into the output of the deployment process to ensure this is being installed and updated correctly.
Thus I am marking this bug as NEEDINFO until we can start getting more concrete evidence. Thank you for your report! We will be looking into this soon.
Because we have not received a reply to our request for more information we are closing this issue. If you are still encountering this issue, please reopen the ticket with the requested information. Thanks!