Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Included "System.Data.DataSetExtensions" and "System.Drawing" into our project. When we build through MSBuild on Mac, getting following warning/error.
1) /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/5.0.0/lib/mono/msbuild/15.0/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1980,5): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Data.DataSetExtensions". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
2) /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/5.0.0/lib/mono/msbuild/15.0/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1980,5): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Drawing". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
The assemblies are available on Mac at below path, please let me know the root cause.
MSBuild Command used:
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/MSBuild XXXX.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform='Any CPU'
Xamarin Studio Community
Version 6.3 (build 864)
Installation UUID: dfbf346f-829a-4a9c-9284-2bbb8d483d11
Mono 22.214.171.124 (2017-02/9667aa6) (64-bit)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 500000100
'/Applications/Xamarin Profiler.app' not found
Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 8.3.1 (12170)
Xamarin.Mac not installed. Can't find /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/Version.
Version: 10.10.0.33 (Xamarin Studio Community)
Build date: 2017-05-05 18:11:38-0400
Release ID: 603000864
Git revision: 6c2f6737278ccc3e81e12276d49c0d92f975f189
Build date: 2017-04-24 11:26:01-04
Xamarin addins: d8d46e577d8507c35260ce9d73df3c33415bb214
Build lane: monodevelop-lion-d15-1
Mac OS X 10.12.0
Darwin Maithri-iMac.local 16.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 16.0.0
Mon Aug 29 17:56:20 PDT 2016
Unfortunately, those two assemblies aren't supported out of the box, a list of supported assemblies by Xamarin can be found here https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/advanced/available-assemblies/
Please do not add the ones inside /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/5.0.0/lib/mono those are desktop assemblies which are not supported by the Xamarin runtime.
That being said, you have some options if you really need them:
- You can build it yourself, the source is available here https://github.com/mono/mono/tree/master/mcs/class/System.Data.DataSetExtensions
- You can look in your favorite search engine to see if any member of the community has done this for you. A quick search brought this https://www.nuget.org/packages/HolisticWare.System.Data.DataSetExtensions/0.0.1-alpha-20159592-2252
- I would recommend using SkiaSharp instead https://www.nuget.org/packages/SkiaSharp
- If you really want System.Drawing you can build and use https://github.com/mono/sysdrawing-coregraphics this is System.Drawing built on top of CoreGraphics.
Hope this helps.