Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 56543 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
# Steps to reproduce
I delete an account from the account store using the code below. When debugging, in the code followed after the deletion, the accountstore contains no more accounts (there was only 1 in the store before the deletion). After restarting the app, the account is available in the accountstore again. I tested it once with the DeleteAsync method which did appear to work. However I had to downgrade to 220.127.116.11 because of another bug (https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=56275).
The code I used:
using accountStore.Delete(account, Constants.AccesStoreName);
# Expected behavior
After deletion of an account in the accountstore and restarting the app, the account should still be deleted.
# Actual behavior
After deletion of an account in the accountstore and restarting the app, the account is back in the store. Looks like it's not being purged or something.
# Supplemental info (logs, images, videos)
After reinstalling Xamarin 18.104.22.168 it worked again. Users can't logout of my app using 15.2 so this is a pretty painful issue.
# Test environment (full version information)
I used Xamarin 15.2 on VS2015 with all of the updates installed. I now reinstalled 22.214.171.124 as mentioned above, so I excluded that information from below.
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015
Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
Microsoft .NET Framework
Updating the Product, for better visibility.
Thanks for reporting.
Updating the product for better visibility. The product in question is Xamarin.Auth:
For whatever reason, the sync method simply calls the DeleteAsync method. I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but it doesn't seem right to me.
Which then eventually tries to save itself:
Regardless of this, we will need a reproduction project to demonstrate what you're running into. Please upload and attach a sample project demonstrating this behavior if you can.
This will help prioritize this issue getting resolved much faster!