Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 22032 [details]
• Visual Studio Enterprise 2017
• Xamarin Version 188.8.131.522
• Xamarin.iOS Version: 10.11.0.124
• Xamarin.Android Version: 184.108.40.206
Mac Agent Environment :
Mono : 220.127.116.11
Xamarin.Mac: Version: 18.104.22.168
Xamarin.iOS Version: 10.11.0.123
Xamarin.Android: Version: 22.214.171.124
Build Info : https://gist.github.com/gangrade-swati/9d2fc3fb233a43c0204595f6b884a916
Steps to Reproduce
1-Create an iOS single view app
2-Ensure that you are connected to Mac agent, if not connect to Mac Agent.
3-Open main.Storyboard file.
4-As Error message opens in main.storyBoard to connect to mac server , Click on Connect to mac server
-Main.StoryBoard is unable to load after connecting to mac Agent
-Main.StoryBoard should get load after connecting to mac Agent
Created attachment 22033 [details]
Reassigning to Mauro for the initial diagnosis as he has landed several changes to this code which are not part of master.
(In reply to Prasad Raghorte from comment #1)
> Created attachment 22033 [details]
Also observed this behavior for forms app previewer as well.
Created attachment 22034 [details]
Screenshot for forms app previewer
Trying a repro now. Just so I understand, what does happen after step 4 when clicking on "Connect to Mac Server"? There's no information there.
I will keep trying but atm it's a no repro for me. I tried the following, and everything worked 100% of the time:
1. Creating a new solution, waiting for connect, opening storyboard (as stated in the bug)
2. Creating a new solution, NOT waiting for connect, opening storyboard
3. Creating a new solution, waiting 1 minute after connect, opening storyboard
4. Opening an existing solution with storyboard open (this will show the error initially but the error will go away as soon as it connects)
5. Opening an existing solution with no storyboard open, opening the storyboard before mac connects
6. Opening an existing solution with no storyboard open, opening the storyboard as soon as the mac connects
7. Opening an existing solution with no storyboard open, waiting a minute before mac connects to open it
8. Creating a blank app (which has no storyboard), creating a new storyboard after the mac connects and opening it
9. Opening a solution with storyboard, disconnecting and reconnecting forcefully
All of this where tested with Visual Studio closed, opened only for the test. All of this worked as expected. All of this where tried at least twice, generally more than twice. I would need more proper repro steps to try the 50% chance of error. I'll keep trying, though, focusing on the main scenario but still trying others.
It looks like this fix was removed in the `build` branch. https://github.com/xamarin/xamarinvs/commit/379ec3832f7880fef57842b6ade32201cc82b58d
We need to re-instate that, or fix the underlying issue so we have a reliable way of getting the information we need to connect to the remote host.
This branch also needs a review before it merges to master as there are so many changes which affect our code and have never been brought to our attention for a review.
Created attachment 22057 [details]
Error observed screenshot on latest 2017 build screenshot
Today we have observed a different error while rendering the designer page for iOS project. Please refer the attached screenshot. Refer the following gist for errors.
Build : Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 d15rel
Xamarin 126.96.36.1999 (530bc1b)
Xamarin.Android SDK 188.8.131.52 (2209fba)
Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac SDK 10.11.0.124
@Prasad I need an answer to my question: what happens at that point if I click the Connect Now button?
More tests I did yesterday (everything worked):
1. The above scenarios, while physically disconnecting the windows machine from the network
2. The above scenarios, switching macs (connecting to a new mac, reconnecting to the old one)
3. The above scenarios, while physically disconnecting the mac from the network.
I really need more clear repro steps :)
@prasad, we need the full logs from the system. You just attached the truncated in-ide information which does not have the information we require.
Fixed in version 184.108.40.2068 (build)
Author: Alan McGovern
Commit: 2a337b7d83d03b1ddb38dd8d1a7c146131c5d0fa (xamarin/XamarinVS)
Verified this issue on Xamarin 220.127.116.111
Able to render the mainstory board now.
Hence marking this defect as verified and Fixed.