Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1. git clone https://github.com/Microsoft/vs-mef
2. git checkout TurnOffGitVersioningOnMac
3. Open /vs-mef/src/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.sln in XS 7.0 (need a recent XS that supports opening .NET Core projects)
5. Download and unzip https://www.nuget.org/packages/xunit.runner.console/2.2.0 to a folder such as /xunit
6. ~/vs-mef/bin/Tests/Debug/net451> mono ~/xunit/xunit.console.x86.exe ./Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.Tests.dll -noshadow
The results are not always exactly the same but it crashes every time, the one we see the most is an assert in sgen.
The random crashes should be fixed on 2017-04 by 56e2eba4c26c5ce18b75c1b44eaef6e80186b024.